Games that push the PSP to the MAX!

Talk about the classics! Everything from Atari and NES to PSP and Nintendo DS goes here. Classic arcade games go here too.
Danielgg

Games that push the PSP to the MAX!

Post by Danielgg »

The PSP was a console that it was very limited across all his versions. Even though the PSP fans has managed to emulate older consoles, the PSP compare to his competition, the DS, was inferior. The PlayStation Portable have a big library of games and some of them pushed the console to the MAX. If you have played one of these games, you know what I'm talking about. These games were the pinnacle of the PSP delivering the max in every aspect of the game.

Some of those games are:
  • God of War Ghost of Sparta? Is it too obvious? It's the absolute pinnacle of the PSP's capabilities. It's graphics, production value, gameplay, literally everything about the game is a display of incredible technical achievement on the system.
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories & Liberty City Stories: When it comes to simulating an open world with endless variables and a multitude of content, few series do it better than GTA and both PSP entries to it remarkably well, with very little compromise. You can dissect how Rockstar did it by looking at asset detail in many of the game locations, but even so, I think the feat stands considering that these games run so damn well on a machine that many didn't think was capable of handling them.
  • Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite & Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: I'm bringing these games together because I think they not only stretched the PSP to its boundaries, but also far past them. There's a reason these games, in particular, have very big data installs to make loading quicker because they're just massive, and the amount of action on screen in these games brings the PSP to its knees a lot of the time, barely holding the frame-rate, but I really enjoy playing them because they're so much fun.
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker: Even though I'm not a fan of the Metal Gear franchise, I played this game though (well I played it, but I didn't finish it. lol.). This is a game where Konami pushed the PSP to the max! The graphics and the amount of content there is in the game is ridiculous for the console. But the peak of everything is the loading time. It's crazy how fast every load.

Which games you consider that push the PSP to its limits? Answer below and if you haven't played some of the games I mention, I recommend giving them a chance. You'll be amazed about what the PSP could do.