Best PS2 game ever?

This is for fans of Sony's consoles and handhelds - from the original PlayStation to PS5 and PSP to Vita.
Danielgg

Best PS2 game ever?

Post by Danielgg »

It came in gently, almost on tiptoe, but this amazing action adventure has been revealed as a real masterpiece, this was a huge surprise back in those days!

God of War was the whole shebang. It was a technological achievement, with some of the most visually stunning boss battles ever seen, and it included a wonderful blend of action, puzzle-solving, and difficult platforming, all bundled together in a convincing tale about a very, very angry guy. Above everything, the original God of War sowed the seeds for what will become one of the best video game franchises of all time.

This is one of those games that will stay with you forever. There are times when it is difficult to accept what our eyes see. This marvel is so remarkable that it also has a stunning technological component and fully utilizes the PS2's capabilities. God of War is a real masterpiece that no one can overlook.

Needless to say that all this is based on my opinion and my tastes, if you also consider God of War the best PS2 game ever created, you're one of mine. If you think that there are other games better than God of War, or even, you think that is another the best PS2 game, tell me down here, maybe I don't know that there is another game better than this one.
Kyle
Site Admin

Re: Best PS2 game ever?

Post by Kyle »

There are too many good PS2 games to pick just one, but God of War is definitely one of the best games on the system. I still remember first playing the game and fighting those hydras on the ship. It was a heck of a way to open a game.

Some of my favorite PS2 games:

Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Burnout 3
Resident Evil 4 (played it on GameCube, but it's also on PS2)
Danielgg

Re: Best PS2 game ever?

Post by Danielgg »

Those are nice picks but Shadow of the Colossus can be one of the top 3 games from the PS2. I remember playing the game as a kid and I was on shock about how real the game look. The gameplay, how immersive it was, almost every single aspect of the game was perfect.